15 IMMUTABLE RULES OF REAL LIFE
Listen to Jim:
or read on…
1. Things don’t sell for what they’re worth, they sell for what they go for.
2. An outgoing smile is no indication whether there will be an incoming one.
3. Smile only if it makes you feel good…don’t expect it to be returned.
Appreciate it if it is.
4. A fake smile is almost always detectable.
5. If you find it hard to smile, just think about what is worth smiling about in your life
and go with that.
6. A smile may not be your umbrella on a rainy rainy day, but it can help you have fun
getting soaked. Imagine Gene Kelly, who was running a fever the day he filmed the
famous rain scene.
7. If you’re afraid you’ll lose face, trying to smile when you don’t feel like it, just sneer
and turn it upside down. Post this sign in front of you at all times: SNILE!
8. First-class people associate themselves with first-class people Second-class people
associate themselves with third-class people.
9. Do nice unto others as you would have them do nice unto you. But if they continue
not doing nice unto you, drop them and associate only with those who do.
10. Smile a lot, at nothing at all. It will make people think you know something they
don’t. It will drive your enemies crazy. It will draw nice people to you and help you
identify people who aren’t.
11. Those who are tardy do not get fruit cup.
12. Those who do not find their mittens do not get pie. Even if they find their mittens,
they still may not get pie.
13. Sometimes, the sky really is falling.
14. Every good idea eventually backfires.
15. Even if something can’t possibly happen, it might.
© 2013 A.D. by Jim Reed